Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Josh!!


Today is Josh's birthday. So to honor him, I am dedicating this post to him. Josh is my youngest. He also was the only one who was "planned". I had gone through a number of health problems and was not allowed to get pregnant. When I had finally been weened off of all my meds, we decided to try one last time. Alas - Josh. Unfortunately this made me question every little thing about my pregnancy and after he was born. Every time he was particularly fussy, or was sick, or bad, I would say to myself: "I asked for this"!
Great for me was that Josh really has been a great kid. He is extremely sensitive and very loyal. He is the only one who doesn't remember California. We moved to Oregon when he was just 2. He has always known his dad being around. Since Reed worked at home, Josh always came home to having his Dad around. He also benefited from his Dad being able to go on field trips with him.
Josh, being the youngest, has never been a big brother, but he has been a GREAT uncle. Norma's girls have always loved him and Jackie's boys love him too. He really looked up to his older brother and I was always grateful that Jayme was so patient with him. They have many of the same interests and love to chat!! The girls were the first to nickname him Elmer Fudd since he was bald until he was over a year old. From this it changed to "Spud"! That name has stuck and we all still call him Spud to this day!!
As Josh prepares to leave on his mission in a little over a month, the family will grow and change while he is gone. But by being the youngest he will benefit from being able to be in the temple with ALL of his siblings. What a great thing. I am looking forward to that!! Josh - we love you so much and we are very proud of all that you have become!!

1 comment:

Kari said...

I didn't know some of that. What a cool story! How exciting: an upcoming mission!