Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Demolition Begins

Even though construction doesn't begin for another week and half, Reed can't stand the wait. As Jessica was preparing to BEGIN packing up, Reed starts tearing cupboards out. Poor Jackie and her family had not even left after spending the weekend here. I was away at a presidency meeting and came home to find out that Reed has unloaded the cupboard above the fridge and ripped it out of the wall. To this day, it is still sitting on the floor of his lab!!

I had a plan as to how I was going to pack and move the kitchen over this week, but Reed had a different plan. You know how they say that doing a remodel is hard on a marriage - I am beginning to understand. Communication is THE most important thing. Then comes the realization that what may seem the logical way to proceed for you, is not necessarily the way your spouse sees it. I am trying to learn to stay flexible and be willing to change my plans. It is a work in progress. If I can just contain Reed and his desire to start ripping things out!! It must be a male thing.

Tonight I am resting as it is snowing outside. School will be on a 2 hour delay due to the weather. It is nice to know the night before. How ever Reed is restless and wants to continue to move stuff out. I just need a break! We continue to try to figure out how to set up temporary DSL access and what our temporary kitchen will look like. Enjoy the before and during pictures.

5 comments:

Zach 'n' Jack said...

WOW, looks like Dad had fun tearing that stuff out! How cool! I know how Dad feels....I can't stand packing stuff up, so I would rather just tear it all apart! Relieves stress for some people, creates it for others I guess. Good luck, and let me tell you something I learned from my mother - "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." :-D haha, love you all!

Zach 'n' Jack said...

two hours? I hope Josh isn't even going to go into school...why bother?

Megan Zimmerman said...

hmmm, big difference in tearing out the cupboards, and demolishing the wall!! Will there even be anything left for me to help with?

JVKsquad said...

I guess you could say we'll be coming back to a broken home:)

christa said...

Thank you, I'll probably talk to you tomorrow, that was my plan anyway. Things have calmed down here throughout the rest of the week. Eva is Eva and you would never know that the begining of this week was so life altering. I'm just so grateful for my priesthood holder and all of the priesthood holders where I live!!