Wednesday, November 2, 2011

What I Am Doing These Days



I have been very lax about my blogging lately. I have tried to keep up with most of you, but I have been consumed by other things. Besides having kids and grandkids around whenever I can, I have been working hard on a calling (an assignment within out church)that I was given last spring. I am the director of our Corvallis Nativity Festival. This is a community event that has been hosted at our church for 17 years. Last year it was held for 3 days and about 3,000 people came through. This year we have expanded to 5 full days. We have up to 3 concerts in the evening where other church groups and community groups perform for about 1/2 hour. On Sunday evening, we broadcast the annual Christmas Devotional featuring the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. This year on Monday we are having our first ever community Messiah Sing In. Our theme this year is "Come Unto Bethlehem" where your are transported to the streets of Bethlehem with tents and shopkeepers and costumed people. We have live background music going on during the display and all the nativities are displayed within the design. We have between 600 and 800 nativities that are displayed.
Needless to say, this is a HUGE project and it has been consuming me. This year we are doing a big push with social media. You can check out our web site at www.corvallisnativityfestival.com or go on Facebook and type in Corvallis Nativity Festival and go to our page. We even have a couple of YouTube videos that are posted for people to see what we are doing.
I promise to get back to what is going on in my life after this month. But right now, I have TONS to do!!

2 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

What a big job you have ahead of you. I think it will be wonderful but I am sure that you are working on it night and day.

I am so sorry about the cruise cabin mix up. I told the agent that I was only interested in balconies so I don't know how I ended up with only an ocean view rate. ... too bad. I looked all day yesterday to find you another deal. I think the celebrity conciere class (sp??) I told Reed about last night is really a good deal. Let me know if you are interested in it. Again, I am so sorry for the mix up.

Kris said...

You busy gal.
So, you booked a cruise through Lura last night. I wish it was the Hawaii cruise in April with us. Wouldn't that be fun?