Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Family Fun

Well, Grandpa Jay has headed for home. We sure enjoyed our time with him. We had him for a whole month. All the kids made time to come down/over when he was there, so we had lots of fun times. Grandpa has Alzheimers, so the future is uncertain, but it was a great experience to have him here with us. We certainly hope that we get that opportunity again. He has already offered the beach house if I have surgery again (very probable). Can't you see me recouping at the beach house with Grandpa as my caretaker. He is blind and has Alzheimers. Perfect combination!!! I love the offer!

Our final weekend, Jackie and her family came down. We even got Zach. I hope it was a break for him, we haven't seen much of him as he is so busy with school and scouts!

We got a 4 generation shot with Grandpa before he left. I now have one with my dad and Reed's dad!

Aunt Jaymie came for a few days before Grandpa left and of course we had to take a trip to the coast. What else do Glasmann's do? Lunch at Mo's and a walk in Depoe Bay where we watch the waves crash into the sea wall. Lots of fun!!

And then Grandpa had to have a haircut so he would look nice when we sent him home! What a good sport!

What a great visit with LOTS of memories!! We love you Grandpa Jay!!

No comments: