Monday, July 28, 2008

Sad News


Today I kind of have a heavy heart. Two people that I dearly love have passed on. It's kind of weird, but one of these ladies I have never met, but I know her daughter and she has talked of her mom often and so I feel like I know her. Sherri lost her mom this last week. I know that age wise it was time and she has been in poor health, but still it is a loss. I know what it is like to have your mom pass away and that is a hole that is never filled in your heart. I know that it the plan and I know where they are and that all will be reunited again, but the loss here is hard. So Sherri, I am so sorry. This year has been tough with the loss of both of your parents. Know that we love you and our thoughts and prayers are with you.

The other lady was one of the funnest and most vivacious woman you could ever know. Beverly brought a smile to anyone she talked to. I loved her way of expressing herself. No one could make you laugh like Bev could. Beverly was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago. She fought valiantly and was an example to all who had contact with her. Her passing will leave an empty spot for all of us. My heart goes out to her entire family, all of whom I have had an opportunity to know, especially the 3 younger ones. May the Lord comfort you in your time of need and may you all be blessed as you travel the rest of your time here on earth. To kind of complete this circle of thought, Bev was my mom's visiting teacher for a while. I smile when I think of my mom interacting with Bev before she passed away. I think she probably made my mom smile a lot.

To both of these families who have suffered this loss I would like to share a saying that was recently given to my sister and neice after the death of their baby. I think the saying was like this: You have a part of heaven in your home when you have a part of home in heaven.

No comments: