Friday, June 6, 2008

These Are A Few of My Favorite Things

One of my favorite things is to get telephone calls from my grandkids. What a thrill to hear their little voices on the phone. Keegan can get so excited and talks so fast that often I need an interpreter to get the whole conversation.

The other day I got a call that just made my day. Norma's oldest daughter, Morgan recently turned 11. Wow! I can remember that first week of walking the floor with her as she adjusted to life in the big world. I came home from my initiation into grandmotherhood just exhausted. Well, for the girls birthdays this year I sent them cute swimsuits with matching swim shorts. In the middle of the afternoon, I got a call from Morgan! She was so excited because she had come home to a package from Grandma Peggy!! She told me all about the end of the school year and the parties she had been invited to. One happened to be a pool party and now she had a new swimsuit to wear! It was so fun to talk to her and hear her enthusiasm as she told me all about her plans. She was so happy to have shorts to wear over the swimsuit because she hates just wearing a swim suit by itself. How I know how that feels! Morgan is growing up!

The best part of the call for me was that it was just her. As far as I know, Mom was at work. What a thrill to have your grandchild call you all on her own and to visit with me one on one. We are trying to arrange a visit with just Morgan this summer. The other girls have been promised their own one on one with Grandma when they are old enough. What fun! Anyway, Happy Birthday Morgan. We love you!

7 comments:

Jessica G said...

It was pretty cute when she called. Morgan is a great kid! I hope we can get her up here for a visit. I miss living so close!

Jeff said...

Hi Peggy and Reed,

Jessica saw my blog on Jesse's Blog and she told me to check out your blog. What a great way to stay in touch, keep and journal, share photos, and put thoughts in writing. Great to see things are going well for you.

BEST SUCCESS

JEFF WHITAKER

Morgan Barton said...

Well I am visiting my grandpa and Jean on the 4th of July and staying for a week maybe I could come up then.
love you

Morgan Barton said...

On the 4th of July I am visiting my Grandpa and Jean the staying for a week maybe I could come up then.
Love you

Morgan Barton said...

On the 4th of July I am staying with my grandpa for a week. Maybe I could come up then.
Love you

The Barton's said...

I am so sorry I haven't called. I have been pretty down for almost a month now. I love you.

Shauna said...

Yep, unfortunately with the move we aren’t in 2nd ward anymore. We are now also in 3rd ward. At least we know we will be seeing you guys once your new grand baby gets here. How fun to have a girl!!!