Saturday, April 5, 2008

Lovin' It





Here are the latest pictures. We have mostly moved in. I am still getting used to using a kitchen again. I find that I keep thinking that I need to conserve my dishes and use paper plates, cups and plastic silverware. I keep thinking of things to eat that are made in a crock pot or microwave, so I am slow to really USE the kitchen. Besides, last week I worked at the High School scheduling 260 parents for parent/teacher conferences. That might not seem like much, but when you think about each student having up to 7 different classes, that is quite a feat. But between sessions of conference, I have cleaned and tried to organize and get things put away. I absolutely love it so far. I love the openess that carries into the living room. I love the blending and coordinating of colors. I am just excited to be done.

I wish I could say the same for the upcoming surgery. I find that I am waking in the middle of the night. I don't know if it is pain or anxiety, but I am awake for a couple of hours. It is getting old. I also ran out of some medication that I have been on for years to help with PMS. Now granted I don't suffer from periods anymore, but I still have ovaries, so I still have problems. Well, insurance wouldn't refill my meds without me seeing the regular Dr. So after 2 weeks of no mood helpers, I find that I am an absolute bawl baby. I have cried over everything and anything. Thank goodness I have just started taking them again, but it may take a while to get back on track. It doesn't help that Jessica keeps laughing at me!!

Next week is Dr. appointments every day, plus they finish the remodel (hopefully) and we have the walk through. Just in time for surgery. Fun, fun, fun!!!D

11 comments:

The Barton's said...

The kitchen is beautiful. I love it. It was good to talk to you.

Rebecca said...

Wow it's beautiful! I must say you have great taste! What a relief to have that part of your life taken care of. Wish you luck with your surgery!

Zach 'n' Jack said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see it this weekend.......

ollie said...

the kitchen is AWESOME!!!! I'm totally lovin' it!

Congrats on gettin' some more happy pills!!! ;-)

Jessica G said...

The happy pills are a definite plus! LOL! These pictures are great but the kitchen is even better when you see get the full effect!! It's amazing.

Megan Zimmerman said...

the kitchen looks good! It's about time, too. and hey, just think, you will be awake for your surgery, but then not remember it. Does anyone else think that is totally cool?

Unknown said...

It looks gorgeous!!! I am really impressed!

Good luck with the surgery! If I can help in any way, let me know.

christa said...

Gorgeous! I can't wait to have a kitchen of my dreams someday! Good luck with the upoming surgery, barf!

Kari said...

It's gorgeous! I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Megan Zimmerman said...

okay, so I have been waiting for a week to see a post about the chopping of the knee!! Let's see it!