Wednesday, March 9, 2011

It's About Time



Wow, I have been horrible at keeping my blog updated. Rather than bore everyone with all that has happened, let's just say that I spent 8 months as the 1st Counselor in a Relief Society Presidency. Relief Society is a women's organization in our church. It was a HUGE responsibility that was multiplied by a president who Home Schools her 4 kids and is a foster mom to a severely handicapped girl. The demands on her time at home were very difficult and I became the main person on the forefront. It was difficult and VERY time consuming. But I was suddenly released when the Stake called me as the new director of the Nativity Festival. Every year our church does a HUGE display of Nativities. This is a community event complete with themes and decorations, concerts and small live musical performances going on during the display. There is a children's craft area and puppet show. They have a luncheon for "people of influence" and people who host and security. It takes a full week of full time work just to set it up. The event currently runs for 3 days but they are considering expanding it. I am overwhelmed but I am surrounding myself with very competent people.
Meanwhile at home our newest granddaughter was blessed. She is Elyssa Marie and was born a the beginning of January. She is big and healthy and is growing every day. She now smiles and coos and we are really enjoying her. Her older sister, Katarina is a great big sister. Recently they went to the sheep barns where a good friend snapped a picture of her in her frog hat. I love the picture because it captures Katarina's personality!!
There will be more pictures soon as spring break is fast approaching. Reed and I will head to Utah for a quick visit with Tom and Niki. Then the grandkids will be here. After that Reed and I will be heading for Hawaii! We will be taking our very first cruise (thanks to Lura!!). I am soooo excited.

1 comment:

Kris said...

HI Peggy,
Love your new blog look.
Who is that darling little child in the frog hat?
The creche festival is huge but you are the perfect person for it. Although, my favorite place for you is with Young Women...that's where you belong. You blessed my girls lives immensely.