Friday, July 23, 2010

Corn, corn, and more corn

Day 3 was spent driving across Nebraska and part of Iowa. We have seen so much corn. I find it hard to believe that people think there is not enough food. Of course much of this corn will be used for ethanol. So silly, when you think about how people could be fed. And these states at least offer gas w/o ethanol:). We stopped at Winter Quarters. That place has such a sweet spirit. I am struck once again how much these pioneers sacrificed. It makes me ponder again how Pres. Hinckley always admonished us to remember. While at the visitors center, who should we run into? Reed's uncle Rodney from Denver. What a small world!!
As we drove to our motel for the night, we saw many fireflies. Morgan had never seen them. It is so fun to have her. She is seeing and experiencing so much for the first time.
Tomorrow we spend the day at Nauvoi!!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

The Barton's said...

It is so nice to know that I have such wonderful relationships with you guys and to know how well taken care of Morgan will be. This is something she will carry with her forever.

Anonymous said...

Hi Peggy, This is Nancy Little. I've been catching up on my blog reading today and when I read yours I was surprised to see that you were at Martin's Cove on the same day that Kaci's son, Brayden, was there on their Stake Pioneer Trek. He told us about the huge raindrops and torrential downpour. There were 526 participants in their Trek, did you happen to see their group? I hope you have a wonderful trip. BTW, we have very good friends, Spencer and Diane Beckstrom, who are serving a Temple Mission in Nauvoo. If you happen to go, look for them and say HI!

Kris said...

What a great vacation you are having. Blogging from your iPhone...woweee.