Thursday, May 27, 2010

Work, work, work!!

Don't you just love those pig tails?

Reed is piled high with work. Jayme is currently employed full time just in the lab. I help out when I can and where I can in the lab. I do all the books and have named myself CFO. It sounds so professional don't you think? What it means is that I pay the bills, balance the checkbook and deposit the checks. I do all the book work and have finally started learning to do the taxes. I am helping with the point counts of slides of thin sections of rock from wells that have been drilled - yes by oil companies. Hey I don't complain, it pays the bills and we are currently swamped with work. I am also trying to pick up the slack at home. I am on a HUGE organizational kick and have helped Jackie set up her financial records and recently helped Virginia set up a plan for organizing and planning menus. I am also planning menus now as I try to eat more healthy and lose weight. Today I had a big helper as I worked around the house. Katarina (Jayme and Virginia's 20 month old) got to spend the day with Grandma and Grandpa. Mommy and Daddy went to the temple to celebrate their 5th anniversary. I picked Katarina up after my morning walk and she happily waved goodbye to mom and dad. We then got to spend the morning wiping down the bathroom, putting on makeup, sweeping the floors, and vacuuming. We even did a couple of loads of laundry. Then we got to help Grandpa who is ripping off the siding from the house by picking up nails. We ate a good lunch and took a nap and when she got up, the sun was shining and we could swing on the swings and go down the slide. In fact we had so much fun that when Mommy and Daddy came home we didn't want to stop to give them hugs and kisses cuz we were having so much fun! What a great day!!

2 comments:

The Barton's said...

So cute. I wish you could help me plan healthy menus. oh well. love you.

Grammy Staffy said...

You sound so busy that it makes me feel guilty. Congrats on becoming CEO of the company....lol... by the way the pictures of your yard are beautiful... what a lot of work.

Yes, I think the pony tails are darling, just like the rest of the girl.
Hugs, Lura