Friday, July 31, 2009

What to Do In A Heatwave!

What do you do when there is a heatwave and the temperature soars to 108? (BTW this is an all time record for Corvallis Oregon!) Well, you head for Grandma's because she has air conditioning!! EVERYONE came (except Josh, who must endure the heat in Alma, AR right now!). Here are some of the fun things we did to pass the time:
We picked, snapped and canned some beans from our garden. Of course Kayden and Katarina liked to eat them first!!



We played LOTS of Wii!!! How convenient that Wii Resort came out at the beginning of the heatwave!! Jackie and Jayme show off their style for archery.





Jessica and Jackie demonstrate Team Canoe racing. We laughed sooo hard!!


Even Grandma and Grandpa got in on the action! Lots and Lots of Laughs!!
We played in the pool and Mommies got wet.











We danced to old Sesame Street videos and did the "Batty, Batty, Batty, Bat!" dance.





We played with all the toys at Grandma's, like the rocking horse that can hold two people at once, if you are cute cousins. Grandma's chair is lots of fun.





We visited the Fire Station with Grandpa and got to see the BIG Fire Engines!

At the end of the week, the heatwave ended and it was time to go. According to Kayden it was time to "Lolly, golly, go Bapa's caa." (Translation: Let's go, let's go, let's go, Grandma's car!)




5 comments:

Kris said...

Oh My GOSH! I want to come and play! This looks like plenty of fun.

Megan Zimmerman said...

I wish I could have been there...oh wait, I was in 85 degree weather with two adorable kids...hmmm, it's a toss up!

Kris said...

I DO remember that darling Jackie loving beautiful clothes! I had forgotten. Remember I had a dress that she wanted me to save for her someday? What a cutie!
There seems to be a shortage of girly girls nowadays. Sometimes when I am out and about and see one I want to stop her and say,'thank you, for decorating my day!"

Anonymous said...

Welcome to our world, Peggy, it's 108 here almost every summer day. We've learned to deal with it though, we just stay inside and try not to move too fast. Your post gave me lots of ideas for summertime activities, it looks like the heat created a family reunion for you...how fun!

Grammy Staffy said...

What a fun time you all had. Maybe you should have a heatwave more often.
Next time we get in the 100's here can I go to your Grandma's house too???